Pre-selling your course does much more than just bringing cash flow sooner. Learning how to pre-sell your online course can help boost brand awareness and sales. The major benefit of pre-selling is that it helps create good relations with early bird customers who can be transformed into loyal customers for a lifetime. Before launching the course, you can start a pre-sale anytime.
Why should you Pre-sell your digital products?
The online market is seeing a boom right now, and pre-selling can help create demand even before you launch the product. By pre-selling your courses, you give customers a chance to be the first ones to get the information on whatever you plan to teach them. Additionally, pre-selling a digital product helps the creator estimate the demand for the product and helps the creator price the product accordingly.
It is essential for you to provide discounts to people who buy the course in the pre-sale. The major benefits of pre-selling your course or any other digital product are that you get cash coming in, and it increases the interest level of your audience.
How to pre-sell your online course?
Before considering the best place to sell an online course, think of creating the best course that people get attracted to. Follow these tips to get the best response-
1) Outline your course- The first thing you need to do is note down the points you will cover in the course. You can do this by spending time in the same community as your audience; it will help you understand the common pain points and what your audience is struggling with. Once you know what your audience is looking for, it will become easier for you to create a course for them. To understand the market of your digital product better, you can conduct polls on your social media platforms, ask for inputs from your online community and then decide what to create.
2) Create a gist- Now, that you know the idea on which you will be creating the course; the next step is to outline the course’s topics, objectives, outcome, and duration. To make it enjoyable, you can also include images, videos, and screenshots in the course, plus you can mention the resources from which you take the information.
3) Do not create the entire course and launch it- It is recommended first to create 20% of the course, and give it to your beta testers and launch it. Collect their feedback before creating the rest of your course. Doing this will help you save time as if you do not get a good response, you can stop there and use that 20% in some other course. Pre-selling the first part of the course will help understand the audience response, and help you determine the price for your course or digital product. Additionally, pre-selling will help you create a strong “exclusive” community that is more open to providing feedback, and testing your products and offerings.
After you get the feedback, you can improvise the other sections as per your audience requirements. If students like your course and wait for the other part to be launched, you can speed up and complete the course as per the deadline you mentioned to launch the next part. Pre-selling, when done the right way can help you maximize your revenue from your online courses and digital products.
4) Identify the USPs of your course- Think of the points that make your course better and different from others. Go through your course and find the answers; put them into bullets. Mention this at the start of your course or use it for advertising as it will give your target audience confidence to buy your product.
A few things that you can add are your experience in the given field, teaching style, previous courses (if any), etc.
5) Create a landing page- As you create the course, the next important step is to create a landing page and search for the best platform to sell courses online. A landing page is the first point of contact with your audience; therefore, it is recommended to make it attractive. You can do this by adding a catchy headline, mentioning why your course is different from others, a great CTA and do not forget to include testimonials.
6) Start your email campaign- As you create the pre-launch page, the next important thing you should do is collect email data and start your email campaign. Go slow and initially send a pre-launch email with the date and USPs. The next email can be about the offer, details, deadline and benefits others had using your course.
7) Create a marketing strategy- Before the pre-sale, search for the best platform to sell online courses, create a video of the course on YouTube to get more views, and help increase brand recognition. It is also recommended to share your course ideas on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. They are the best ways of reaching out to the relevant audience these days.
8) Attract by offering limited-time deals- The best way to pre-sell your online courses is by writing that it is a limited-time offer as it encourages users to pre-book your course. They should be convinced that this is the best time to book the course and benefit from the pre-sale.
How should you market your course?
There are numerous ways to market your course, such as sharing it with your friends and family, posting on social media, contacting bloggers who could talk about your course, starting a podcast, posting videos on YouTube and promoting it to your existing students. You can pre-sell and launch your courses and other digital products on Kohbee. Download Kohbee here.