Pandemic has caused a transition in administration from offline to fully digital systems and a shift in how traditional teaching methods are used. When we talk about the numerous aspects of academic life, we’re talking about many of them, from classes to exams. Everything has been moved to digital platforms, and the transition has been painless.
The most difficult aspect, among other things, is the examination, which must be approached with caution. For everything to fall into place properly, there must be a correct system in place, which may be secured by the construction of an error-free examination system. So, let’s get this conversation going and understanding how we can use the online examination system.
What is an Online Examination System, and how does it work?
An online examination system is a computer-based test system created entirely of digitization and may be used to administer examinations digitally. In such exams, fewer resources are used, and the need for question papers, exam room scheduling, and answer scripts, among other things, is considerably reduced. All that is necessary from your end is the digital production of the question paper, the creation of a link, and the forwarding of the question paper link to students. It also allows teachers and authorities to check the paper and declare the results with the utmost simplicity. The online examination systems have computerized all of the processes and procedures. Everything may be done digitally, from learning assessments to campus placement.
Making Use of the Online Exam System
1. Data collection and storage: The first and most important step in administering online tests is to register candidates for the exams and ask them to do so through a single URL. After the applicants have completed the registration process, the following step is to record the information in the database for future reference during tests.
2. Forwarding the general instructions: After you’ve finished registering and feeding the students’ personal information, the next step is to create a layout of the general instructions and send them to the students to let them know how the exams will be conducted and to inform them of the scheduled dates and times.
3. Question paper generation via a single URL: After that, you must build a question paper with the help of a specialized team that excels at making exams a success. This question paper should be generated using a web link and distributed to all students in the same way. This must be done with extreme caution and responsibility, as any mistakes could result in consequences.
4. Assigning screen invigilation responsibilities: The next stage is to allocate the necessary responsibilities to the invigilators who will be monitoring the students via digital means. This is necessary because online exams pose a greater risk of cheating. So, to avoid any mishaps, human resources must serve as invigilators and oversee every facet of the ongoing examinations. Also, the starting and end times should be carefully considered.
5. Establishing and maintaining a fair examination: This is the day when the examinations must be held, and you must ensure that certain things are in place, such as confirming the candidate’s personal information first. After then, start the examination fairly and maintain the examination decorum by keeping an eye on the time. Send the link to the candidates and advise them to read the instructions carefully before attempting it. To avoid any problems, the link should be turned off automatically once the allotted period has passed. You can ensure a seamless flow of work this way.
6. Checking: This can also be done digitally, which is more convenient than anything else. So, a hassle-free checking may be done using digital technologies, and all you have to do is keep track of the scored marks, and you’ll be ready to distribute the results.
7. Declare the results: This is the final stage in the process. The final stage is digitally registering to administer tests to announce the results, which can be done through a personal login system where each student can view their results on their window. With this method, declaring results and adding remarks is nearly effortless.
You may conduct online examinations and make them a success if you have the necessary resources on hand.