Consumers buy online courses as they are interested in gaining information for a job move or starting, obtaining certification in a subject to advance their careers, continuous learning, academic preparation, and learning a new skill or subject. Continue reading to get to know the best practice to sell online courses fast
Before we explain how you can make an online course go viral, here is a brief summary of the steps, you need to take to sell out your online course in a matter of few hours:
- Choosing the Best Topic Possible
- Know that your topic must have a high demand
- Create the Course and Put your best effort
- Start Pre-Selling Your Course
- See your course go viral when you do the final release
1. Choose the Best Topic
Your course topic must be something you are passionate about. If you are not enthusiastic about your subject, it will be clear, and your instruction will be as boring as a cardboard sandwich. Think about your abilities, talents, and life experiences. Write down as many items that come to mind that represent your passions, skills, and experience on a piece of paper. After that, write down the top 2-3 themes where your aspirations, skills, and experience/achievements connect. You do not have to teach a university-level course to make money offering online courses. The possibilities for course subjects are unlimited; here are a few examples of online courses:
- Microsoft Excel
- Roller skating
- Technology and computers
- Entrepreneurship and business
- Fitness and health
- Personal development/lifestyle
- Achieving adulthood
- Maths and science.
These are wide-ranging topics. You could look for a more specialised niche. In short, if you enjoy your topic, are competent at it, and have prior experience (formal or informal) with it, write down as many items that come to mind that represent your passions, skills, and experience on a piece of paper. After that, write down the top 2-3 themes where your aspirations, skills, and experience/achievements connect.
2. Ensure that your course concept is in high demand.
After choosing your online course topic, you will need to undertake a series of market research tests to see if there’s a market for it. Many course authors believe that if their topic area has a lot of competition, their course idea will fail. However, this indicates a good likelihood of strong market demand for that course idea, making it worthwhile to investigate further. The following are some things to look for:
(i) Are people looking for it and inquiring about it?
Search volume is an excellent approach to confirm demand for a certain online course topic. Through Google Ads, you may utilise the Google Keyword Planner for free. You can type in your keywords to see how many people are looking for your online course concept. It will also recommend other keywords that visitors may use to locate your course. Here are some qualitative techniques for comprehending how to cover your online course concept:
- Try looking for your possible topic on Reddit or Quora to see what comes up and how frequently it is discussed.
- If you’re a member of any Facebook groups, or even if you administer one, go through them and utilise the search tool to learn about your potential audience’s issues. (also known as social listening)
(ii) Is there a gap between what you and the competition offer?
It is critical to set yourself out from the competition. So do some research to find out who your competitors are and what services they provide. There is a minimal possibility you are the first to come up with your concept. However, there’s a strong chance you may approach a topic in a unique way for a new audience.
(iii) Will someone pay money to have your course solve a problem?
There are a few approaches to ensure that your online course has market potential:
- Selling your course in advance — Pre-selling is a terrific method to avoid the sad predicament of developing a course that no one buys. People frequently purchase courses before their creation. It’s one of the most effective ways to start an online course.
- Competition: It is not a terrible thing to find competitors selling a similar online course. It implies that you have access to a money source. Online course marketplaces are a convenient way to see what is available and can also serve as a marketing strategy to complement your main online course site.
- Talking to your audience – You are missing out on valuable information if you are not talking to your audience. Inquire about their difficulties and whether they would be willing to pay for a course to help them overcome them.
- Keyword Research – You will see how many people search for programs like yours on Google by utilising Google’s keyword planner. Give heed to the “bid cost” — the higher the cost per click, the more successful the product.
If you answered yes to all three questions and your concept is similar yet distinct from what is presently available, you have a course proposal that has the potential of being a best seller.
The best way for you to sell your courses fast and efficiently is through the Kohbee app. What are you waiting for? Download it right away to unleash the new opportunities in your way and for quick monetization of your content.